- Dish type
- Starters with cheese
Even those that don't like asparagus will love this dish!
48 people made this
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 500g Brie cheese, sliced
- 50g butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place asparagus in a steamer over 2.5cm of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still crisp, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Lay cheese slices over asparagus. In a small bowl combine melted butter, breadcrumbs and sesame seeds. Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn on the grill, then grill an additional few minutes just until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(49)
Reviews in English (37)
by Erin Kueneman
This recipe is heavy on the brie and crumb topping. I used only a quarter wheel of brie and it would have been plenty for 2 bunches of asparagus. Cook it a little longer to melt the brie completely and get a nice crust on the topping. I would definately use 2 bunches of asparagus next time, or halve the amount of topping, quarter the amount of brie if you are using the recipe verbatim. If you love brie, this is a fantastic way of enjoying it with asparagus!-27 Sep 2005
This dish was wonderful! It won over my veggie-hater husband too. I substituted slivered almonds for the sesame seeds, which also turned out really well. I know what I am bringing to the family Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for the great recipe Vicki!-13 Aug 2001
by Erin Hooper
Definitely a good side dish, although the recipe calls for WAY TOO MUCH cheese and bread topping. I followed the advice of reviewers and cut the cheese and topping in half, but next time I make the dish, I'll only use a quarter of what's called for in the recipe.-23 Jun 2006